Monday, January 19, 2009

Moonless night

Despite how romantic the bloody title above may sound, this post is definitely not...

(I had to edit and re-edit this post after re-reading it and finding it so full with anger . ha ha i couldn't imagine how pissed i was that night when i wrote it)

So here we go... tomorrow morning (or later this morning, rather, since it's 3am now) there is a pretty huge meeting taking place in Jakarta which some senior people in my bank will be attending. There will be so many senior managing directors including our top boss in Asia flying down from Singapore on the first available flight at 7.50am....

And of course, as is with any other important meetings, the books to be prepared had to be inch-perfect both in content and in presentation quality - We just had to work bloody late the night before. well it's 1.30am in the morning and the book is finally done. But it's not over yet. I'm just halfway done. Being the most junior and the only analyst in the Indonesian team, I gotta bring these 8 important color copies to one of my bosses house in the morning so he can take them with him to the airport for his flight and share with the others to read in the airplane.

It sucks to be at the bottom of the pile. Moreover, I was a nervous wreck.

Now, here i am 3am in the morning in my room, with the 8 books, weighing up my dilemma..

I made a mistake once, a few months back.... i worked real late one time, and missed a crucial flight the next morning to the Philippines. Needless to say my boss was super-pissed and i became sort of traumatised on the whole thing. Fact #87 on Ivan: I can't reliably wake up on time. no exception... i sucked

So.... finally deciding that it's for the best that i SHOULD NOT sleep... i decided to spend the rest of the night browsing the net, learning new songs, reading my books, watching TV, ordering mcdonalds deliver (since i'm so damned hungry)....

let's see how this goes.... i'm gonna be so tired tomorrow it's gonna suck.. i just know it

well.. i'm not taking any chances. i know my weakness....


No comments: